Skip to main content

Line Up Performers, Borneo Jazz Festival 2014

(pictures taken from www.sarawaktourism.com)

Miri International Jazz Festival or better known as Borneo Jazz Festival is making a great return this year with lots of world-class names in the list in conjunction with the Visit Malaysia Year 2014 (VMY2014) and also Visit Sarawak Year 2014. This is already the 9th year of such annual event organised and held in Miri, Sarawak. It will be held on the 9 & 10 May 2014.

For those of you who haven't know, I would love to briefly introduce the impressive line-up which had been announced by the organisers.





First of all, Iriao, band which is based on Georgian authentic folk and instrumental and polyphonic music, an eight-piece ethno-jazz band from Georgia which has been recognised by UNESCO as being a masterpiece of oral immaterial heritage.











Acappella act had gained great popularity for Jazz Festival the past few years. Therefore the committees are getting it back this year with Vocal Sampling, an all-male musical group from Cuba. They are very well-known band and a crowd pleaser.







Other line-up bands for this years' will be Brassballett from Germany. You will be impress of what they are going to deliver. They are the only band which are going to perform with choreographed show whilst playing their instruments. 


YK Band from our neighbour country, Indonesia will be performing Jazz with hints of Borneo flavour which may impress you on the night. Nevertheless, we have the big deal, Anthony Strong. He is the country, United Kingdom, new jazz superstar who had beat Gregory Porter, Michael Buble and Harry Connick Jr. to become No.1 on the iTunes and No.2 on Amazon.com jazz charts in the USA. 


Despite that, local representatives we have Diana Liu in list, Sarawakian born artist which is not only familiar in jazz music but also pop, bossa nova, gospel and funk/soul too. She had released her debut on 2010, title最美好的(Zui Mei Hao De).


After looking through the line-up performers aren't you having the sudden urge to be there and feel the groove yourself ?

Tickets are already for sale at appointed and authorised agent. More information please click into jazzborneo.com or you may call the Sarawak Tourism board at +6082423600. Updates also available via Sarawak Tourism Board (STB's) twitter account @SarawakTravel or their Facebook account at Sarawak Travel.

This annual event is organised by Sarawak Tourism Board, supported by the Ministry of Tourism and Culture Malaysia and Ministry of Tourism Sarawak; and endorsed by Tourism Malaysia.

(*pictures taken from google.com)

Comments

I'll be there from New Zealand ... see you there (Heather -the kiwitravelwriter.com)

Should fun. I was at the Rainforest World Music Festival last year.
-pEi- said…
Great to hear that you will be here again! However, Rainforest World Music Festival is another annual event held in Kuching. Jazz Festival is annual event held in Miri. Anyway, hope you will have fun! Cheers~

Popular posts from this blog

Camera

I just love photography although I know that I don't have a great skill. I am still learning and of course it is my hobby and also I had passion in it. Since I was back from Miri, more or less I had been addicted to DSLR which I saw most of them carrying. It is not about showing off but instead getting a better camera for better capturing and learning of photography. I had look into few brand like Canon, Nikon, Sony and also Panasonic. There is too much choices, too many varieties which makes me hard to make up my mind. Every each of it seems to be good for a newbie and noob like me but with the cash I had and limited budget I can only get something that is affordable in my price list. Besides that taking a prosumer camera or DSLR is still a deep thought for me. Many of my pros friend in DSLR or in photography had suggested me few brands which I find them useful too but instead I am more attracted to this current model Canon PowerShot SX200 IS . The function, usefulness and user fr...

My LURVE Affair with Bearbricks

I am attracted to your beauty when I first saw you. I am really in love with you where no words can described my feeling that moment when I saw you. Somehow, jealousy conquer all over me to see you with my best buddy. I was wondering why I was not the one who found you first? I was wondering again would it be different if I am the one who saw you first? However, I can never betrayed my buddy to take over you to be with me. I can't do that as my buddy is my best friend and I can never do something that will actually betrays our friendship. I wanted to be the one who will be with you always. One bright sunny day, I was shocked and yet excited. I found you or to say looks like you. I can't believe there is two you. Now, I can have you without betraying my friend. Now, I can have you without feeling sorry because you were twins instead of just the only ONE! I had you in my life now BEARBRICKS !! I LURVE Ya!!!!

ABM 5

This is a video specially for my classmates ABM 5! I created myself and hopefully all of you will love it and like it! I will be missing you all very much and thanks for the sweet memories you all had gave me... See you all SOON!!~