Skip to main content

PRESS RELEASE : Miri Country Music Festival 2017

PRESS RELEASE


MIRI : The Miri Country Music Fest (MCMF 2017) is back in town with two days and two nights of massive whole lot of family packed honky-tonk fun. Mark your calendar on the 25 and 26 February 2017 now, as the fourth edition of MCMF 2017 promise you an experience of Country and Western to remember.
With three international line-up, the stage will be set outdoor by the coast of Brighton Beach inside Parkcity Everly Hotel, Miri - the official hotel for MCMF 2017. This year, local highlight is the Country Road Band from Miri, Sarawak will be entertaining the audience not only during the festival, but also the upcoming MCMF Roadshow which will be happening at Boulevard Shopping Complex, Miri on Saturday the 26 November 2016. The band is set to take the stage at level 3, from 5.00pm to 7.00pm.

Country Road is a 5 piece band with members from Miri. Also from Miri, The Mountain Wind Band will be making a comeback for next year's edition. The Mountain Wind Band is also 5 piece band and a local favorite in Miri. The members are from various towns around Miri and proved to be a hit at the Festival.

Shane Smith & The Saints from Austin, Texas, USA will be the highlight of MCMF 2017 international line-up as well as the band from down under, James Thomson & The Strange Pilgrims from Newcastle, Australia. Shane Smith has been performing (around the world?) and recently released an album titled "The Mountain".

Malaysian favorites for this edition are Adi Wow & Maha from Kota Kinabalu, Raggy Project from Penang and hit maker Russell Curtis from Kuala Lumpur.

(Mr Leong, Mr Anthony, Mr Adam Yii, Mdm Gracie, Mr Andrew Peter Law, MASwings representative)

Last but not least, a unique band who will blow your mind is a group of Europeans who are based in Brunei and formed The Casual Ceilidh Band. Their music is a blend of traditional Irish/Scottish social events in which the audience dance together in groups/couples to traditional Celtic music roots, giving form to its own mix of country and folk tunes.

This festival is endorsed by Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture Sarawak, Sarawak Tourism Board and Miri City Council, and supported by Ministry of Tourism Culture and Malaysia Major Events. The official media partners are Rentak Sejuta and Selebriti Online while MASwings is the supporting airline and Brighton Travel and Tour the official tour partner.


The Miri Taxi Association has been engaged to assist with promoting the event by placing the official MCMF car sticker on their taxis and inserting the flyers into their seat pockets. The organiser would like to support local economic scene by involving local business and retail companies, which includes taxis, hotels, F&B outlets, retail outlets and so on.

Stay updated with us on Facebook and tickets are available online at www.miricountrymusic.com.  

Ticket is on promo till end of December with a buy three free one ticket combo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera

I just love photography although I know that I don't have a great skill. I am still learning and of course it is my hobby and also I had passion in it. Since I was back from Miri, more or less I had been addicted to DSLR which I saw most of them carrying. It is not about showing off but instead getting a better camera for better capturing and learning of photography. I had look into few brand like Canon, Nikon, Sony and also Panasonic. There is too much choices, too many varieties which makes me hard to make up my mind. Every each of it seems to be good for a newbie and noob like me but with the cash I had and limited budget I can only get something that is affordable in my price list. Besides that taking a prosumer camera or DSLR is still a deep thought for me. Many of my pros friend in DSLR or in photography had suggested me few brands which I find them useful too but instead I am more attracted to this current model Canon PowerShot SX200 IS . The function, usefulness and user fr...

My LURVE Affair with Bearbricks

I am attracted to your beauty when I first saw you. I am really in love with you where no words can described my feeling that moment when I saw you. Somehow, jealousy conquer all over me to see you with my best buddy. I was wondering why I was not the one who found you first? I was wondering again would it be different if I am the one who saw you first? However, I can never betrayed my buddy to take over you to be with me. I can't do that as my buddy is my best friend and I can never do something that will actually betrays our friendship. I wanted to be the one who will be with you always. One bright sunny day, I was shocked and yet excited. I found you or to say looks like you. I can't believe there is two you. Now, I can have you without betraying my friend. Now, I can have you without feeling sorry because you were twins instead of just the only ONE! I had you in my life now BEARBRICKS !! I LURVE Ya!!!!

ABM 5

This is a video specially for my classmates ABM 5! I created myself and hopefully all of you will love it and like it! I will be missing you all very much and thanks for the sweet memories you all had gave me... See you all SOON!!~