Skip to main content

Master Class with Chef Desmond Chia , Pullman Kitchen @ Pullman Miri Waterfront

Readers (I hope I still have), I'm back!!! 
Back with more food, adventure and surely excitement.
This time around, we are pleasure to be invited by Pullman Miri Waterfront to attend their Master Class for Chinese Cuisine with Chef Desmond Chia. 

Food maniac like me have bad score in cooking. Proud to name a few. Steamed fish in Szechuan style, Curry Chicken and even Yong Tau Foo. NO? Not qualified? Apuuu susah to be a housewife these days. If above mentioned does not qualified, not to mention complicated, skillful art piece which dim sum required. 
Let me walk you through what had happened during our masterclass last Thursday. We had so much fun. Space filled with laughter and faces painted with natural "make up", flour!! 😆


Upon arrival, we were given media kit, as well provided an apron and chef hat. Personal hygiene is always main priority when comes to food handling. 



A brief introductory by Chef Gabriel before we start. Chef Desmond is in excitement and can't wait to show off his skill. He's already starting with our first lesson, "xiao loong bao" without his student. Passionate chef he is.




Dough and dumpling filling are pre-make. The ONLY three (3) steps you need to know : roll the dough into round shape, squeeze your filling then fold it up!
Sounds easy peasy isn't it ???? but NO!! NO NO NO and N O !!!!! 😱



Piece of cake isn't it? Not till you have your hands on and start doing it yourself. 😓😭


Thanks to Elena, my partner in crime who have the candid moment captured while we keep our hands busy, mouth laughing and eyes watching. 😎


After more than an hour battling, we manage to ONLY finished our first lesson. More interesting lesson still awaited us after "makan"session of our "product".

Minute of Zen Moment 😌
Tea & Dim Sum, perfect match. 


Student, posing with his flying colours result. 


Another? Indulgence 😏


Second Chapter is mission impossible (to me). Look easy but way too complicated. Translated, we called it hand pulled noodles in English. In proper chinese, it's 拉面 (la mian). No matter how many times I tried, "la mian" turn into broken noodles.  




First, roll cut dough into round long shape. Then, put the first end in between ring and middle finger. Then another end between middle and index finger.





Make a 'U' shape in front of you and put your index finger in the center and pulled the dough. That's when you will see noodle string created. Repeat this steps several times to create tiny noddle string.


Don't understand a single word? I believe this will come in handy.



A bowl of handmade "la mian" noodle is ready!! Nom nom time is happy time.

At the end of the day, you will receive a certificate as a token of your hard work. I received my very first cooking class certificate. 😭

Are you interested to be one of us after reading this? Always wish to make your own favourite dumpling and "la mian"and have no idea where to go?

Fret not. Pullman Miri Waterfront is now offering Master Class to public at RM 88 per class to public. Better grab your chances now then regret later!! Please feel free to call them for more information. Chef Desmond will be in Pullman Miri Waterfront for a month and class is open upon bookings and request. We had started the first at the below stated date, help yourself with the second! 😉


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera

I just love photography although I know that I don't have a great skill. I am still learning and of course it is my hobby and also I had passion in it. Since I was back from Miri, more or less I had been addicted to DSLR which I saw most of them carrying. It is not about showing off but instead getting a better camera for better capturing and learning of photography. I had look into few brand like Canon, Nikon, Sony and also Panasonic. There is too much choices, too many varieties which makes me hard to make up my mind. Every each of it seems to be good for a newbie and noob like me but with the cash I had and limited budget I can only get something that is affordable in my price list. Besides that taking a prosumer camera or DSLR is still a deep thought for me. Many of my pros friend in DSLR or in photography had suggested me few brands which I find them useful too but instead I am more attracted to this current model Canon PowerShot SX200 IS . The function, usefulness and user fr...

My LURVE Affair with Bearbricks

I am attracted to your beauty when I first saw you. I am really in love with you where no words can described my feeling that moment when I saw you. Somehow, jealousy conquer all over me to see you with my best buddy. I was wondering why I was not the one who found you first? I was wondering again would it be different if I am the one who saw you first? However, I can never betrayed my buddy to take over you to be with me. I can't do that as my buddy is my best friend and I can never do something that will actually betrays our friendship. I wanted to be the one who will be with you always. One bright sunny day, I was shocked and yet excited. I found you or to say looks like you. I can't believe there is two you. Now, I can have you without betraying my friend. Now, I can have you without feeling sorry because you were twins instead of just the only ONE! I had you in my life now BEARBRICKS !! I LURVE Ya!!!!

ABM 5

This is a video specially for my classmates ABM 5! I created myself and hopefully all of you will love it and like it! I will be missing you all very much and thanks for the sweet memories you all had gave me... See you all SOON!!~