Skip to main content

FIRST DJ GIG AT ASIA MUSIC FESTIVAL WITH DJ ROUNDHEAD

KUCHING – The Asia Music Festival will be featuring DJ gig for the first time this year by adding the Malaysian famous DJ Roundhead into the program. DJ Roundhead will be playing at the post-festival late show on both Friday and Saturday night, 3rd and 4th October. He will also be playing a huge array of famous dance music during a break between each bands both nights.

Performing as a DJ for with at least 20 years experience, DJ Roundhead was once crowned as the ‘Malaysia DJ Champion’ 3 years in a row when he entered the Malaysian DJ Championship competition from 1995-1997.

When he was in high school, he would work part-time jobs during the weekend just to blow it all away on CD's and records. That made him the "go-to-guy" when it came to house parties from high school all the way to college. Roundhead would bring his own player and set up his own mini console and rock the crowd at the party. Only after college he join a company during the 90's called Clubworld Entertainment that supplied DJ's to entertainment outlets around Malaysia, where then only he started his professional career.

Among his best moment is representing Malaysia in the Rotterdam Love Parade in the Netherlands for a crowd of 10,000 strong on a 34 wheel trailer while proudly flying the Malaysian flag in front of his console. He played as a DJ residency in Melbourne, Australia for a year before returning to Malaysia and is currently attached to TraxxFM in Kuala Lumpur.


The major challenge for any real DJ is being able to perform under pressure. The most interesting bit is studying the crowd earlier before any performance without undermining their expectations of entertainment. According to Roundhead, a real DJ can tell if a record or a song is going to be a hit or a dance floor filler. Knowledge is the key for everything.

Asia Music Festival now in its second year will bring again the very best eclectic mix of live music together for one mind-blowing weekend in Miri, Sarawak. The inaugural festival last year saw incredible performances from headliners from Asian region as far as India, Thailand and Korea. With the main goal to develop the brand of Asia Music Festival to be an iconic music festival of mixed genre in the Asian Region, the festival has recorded around 3000 music fans attending the first edition of the festival last year.

Asia Music Festival will also incorporate a range of Asian food as well as tattoo exhibition so there will be something for everyone. The festival will start at 5:00pm daily with a tattoo exhibition as well as food and village mart. Stage performance will begin at 7:30pm until midnight, followed by the DJ set with DJ Roundhead until 2:00am.

Eight international bands has been confirmed for this year’s festival. Get your tickets now at a pre-sale price, only RM25 for adults and RM10 for children/student (aged 3-18) at www.asiamusicfestival.net . Tickets also on sale at Visitors Information Centre in Kuching (+6 082-423600), Miri (+6 085-434180) and Sibu (+6 084-340980). Door-sale tickets are priced at RM30 for adults and RM15 for children/students.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera

I just love photography although I know that I don't have a great skill. I am still learning and of course it is my hobby and also I had passion in it. Since I was back from Miri, more or less I had been addicted to DSLR which I saw most of them carrying. It is not about showing off but instead getting a better camera for better capturing and learning of photography. I had look into few brand like Canon, Nikon, Sony and also Panasonic. There is too much choices, too many varieties which makes me hard to make up my mind. Every each of it seems to be good for a newbie and noob like me but with the cash I had and limited budget I can only get something that is affordable in my price list. Besides that taking a prosumer camera or DSLR is still a deep thought for me. Many of my pros friend in DSLR or in photography had suggested me few brands which I find them useful too but instead I am more attracted to this current model Canon PowerShot SX200 IS . The function, usefulness and user fr...

My LURVE Affair with Bearbricks

I am attracted to your beauty when I first saw you. I am really in love with you where no words can described my feeling that moment when I saw you. Somehow, jealousy conquer all over me to see you with my best buddy. I was wondering why I was not the one who found you first? I was wondering again would it be different if I am the one who saw you first? However, I can never betrayed my buddy to take over you to be with me. I can't do that as my buddy is my best friend and I can never do something that will actually betrays our friendship. I wanted to be the one who will be with you always. One bright sunny day, I was shocked and yet excited. I found you or to say looks like you. I can't believe there is two you. Now, I can have you without betraying my friend. Now, I can have you without feeling sorry because you were twins instead of just the only ONE! I had you in my life now BEARBRICKS !! I LURVE Ya!!!!

ABM 5

This is a video specially for my classmates ABM 5! I created myself and hopefully all of you will love it and like it! I will be missing you all very much and thanks for the sweet memories you all had gave me... See you all SOON!!~