Skip to main content

SINGAPORE'S MASIA ONE TO THRILL HIP HOP FANS AT ASIA MUSIC FESTIVAL 2014



KUCHING – Asia Music Festival is back for the 2nd year running and this edition will present to you Female Rapper from Singapore, Masia One. She is all set to thrill the audience at the coming event to be held at Eastwood Valley Golf & Country Club, Miri from the 3rd to 4th October 2014.

In 2003, Masia One, began her own record label known as M1 Group (later renamed The MERDEKA Group) and subsequently released her debut album, Mississauga.The album was well received and the music video for the lead single "Split Second Time" was nominated in the category of best rap video by the Much Music awards. Masia's second studio album, "PULAU" was released in 2009. The album attained the number one slot on the Canadian College Radio Charts as well as charting on both CBC Radio 3 and South East Asian Radio.


Masia has developed into a well rounded multi-genre artist. Her sound reflects inspiration drawn from touring through North America, Jamaica and Asia and sharing the stage with acts such as The Roots, Floetry, Mos Def, DJ Neil Armstrong, Lady Saw & Ron Sexsmith.

Courted by Grammy Award-winning Aftermath producer Che Vicious (Produced for Lauren Hill, Kanye West and 50 Cent to name a few), Masia began working on what would later become the album "Bootleg Culture". "Bootleg Culture" was released in September 2012 and is currently nominated for "Urban Recording of the Year" by the Western Canadian Music Alliance.

In February 2013 Masia One won three South East Asian VIMA Music Awards. Best Hip Hop Song (Warriors Tongue), Best Collaboration (Errrybody feat. Pharrell, The Game & Isis Salam) & Thank You For Existing Highest Honor Award. She was nominated in eight categories, including nominations for Best Overall Female Act and Best Pop Song - "Make Up". 


In May 2013 Masia One got the opportunity to perform for the first time in Europe. She did shows in Germany and Sweden as well as working with Swedish producer team Musicano. 

Watch Masia One performing on stage at Asia Music Festival. Other confirmed line-up this year includes SoulMate (India), Salammusik (Malaysia), Pancake80 (Philippines), Pisco (Taiwan), Retrospect (Thailand), Ras Muhamad (Indonesia) and Mad August (Malaysia).

Get your presale tickets now at only RM25 for adults and RM10 for children/student (aged 3-18) at www.asiamusicfestival.net . Tickets also available from all STB’s Visitors Information Centre located at Sarawak Tourism Complex, Kuching (+6 082-423600), Jalan Melayu, Miri (+6 085-434180) and Jalan Tukang Besi, Sibu (+6 084-340980). Door-sale tickets are priced at RM30 for adults and RM15 for children/students.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera

I just love photography although I know that I don't have a great skill. I am still learning and of course it is my hobby and also I had passion in it. Since I was back from Miri, more or less I had been addicted to DSLR which I saw most of them carrying. It is not about showing off but instead getting a better camera for better capturing and learning of photography. I had look into few brand like Canon, Nikon, Sony and also Panasonic. There is too much choices, too many varieties which makes me hard to make up my mind. Every each of it seems to be good for a newbie and noob like me but with the cash I had and limited budget I can only get something that is affordable in my price list. Besides that taking a prosumer camera or DSLR is still a deep thought for me. Many of my pros friend in DSLR or in photography had suggested me few brands which I find them useful too but instead I am more attracted to this current model Canon PowerShot SX200 IS . The function, usefulness and user fr...

My LURVE Affair with Bearbricks

I am attracted to your beauty when I first saw you. I am really in love with you where no words can described my feeling that moment when I saw you. Somehow, jealousy conquer all over me to see you with my best buddy. I was wondering why I was not the one who found you first? I was wondering again would it be different if I am the one who saw you first? However, I can never betrayed my buddy to take over you to be with me. I can't do that as my buddy is my best friend and I can never do something that will actually betrays our friendship. I wanted to be the one who will be with you always. One bright sunny day, I was shocked and yet excited. I found you or to say looks like you. I can't believe there is two you. Now, I can have you without betraying my friend. Now, I can have you without feeling sorry because you were twins instead of just the only ONE! I had you in my life now BEARBRICKS !! I LURVE Ya!!!!

Rainforest World Music Festival 's Virgin Sharing

RAINFOREST WORLD MUSIC FESTIVAL (RWMF) It's name no longer unknown to most of us. When you ask any locals, most expats or tourists, most probably they will always give you an answer, "Öh yes, I know that festival!" It is none other than Rainforest World Music Festival (RWMF) .  Running for 2 decades, how many truly know what have always keep this festival alive? How many would know what's the intention of the founder and people who get this started? Probably this shall answer your questions. "The vision for the festival was that it would be a showcase for international world music as well as for local music." - stated in their 20th Anniversary booklet. An aim that makes a great impact to Sarawak, Borneo and nevertheless, the world.  THE PERFORMERS This year line up performers are terrific. Exceptionally good and absolutely no chance to experience their flaws and no rooms for complaint. I do not have a chance to even gru...