Skip to main content

FRESH MUSIC FOR YOUR EARS BY SALAM MUSIK


KUCHING – When you fuse cultural and modern beats, you’ll get Salam Musik. One of the bands that gives music in Malaysia a breath of fresh air which not only addictive rhythms, but also with lyrics that yearn to be heard.


Formed in 2010, this award-winning band from Malaysia will be presenting all music styles at the 2nd edition of Asia Music Festival this coming October 3-4, at the Eastwood Valley Golf & Country Club in Miri, Sarawak.

The band will play Rock, Reggae, Pop, Hio-Hop, Modern and cultural beats and making it into one fresh style. Salam Musik always know how to make the people move and enjoy themselves. In 2012, their first album called Salam Musik had won the ‘Best Album Category’ in the 19th Malaysian Music Industry Award in Kuala Lumpur.

Their music is inspired by the tranquillity of nature so-to-speak; how history and reality revolves around the writing process. It speaks of basic human needs such as peace, environment, love and unity. Salam Musik managed to capture time and thoughts in life and delivered them well through their music.

Salam Musik believe that there are so many things going on that needs to be heard and they use music as a platform to express themselves by write the lyric based on their experiences.


The radio stations picked up their sound and everyone in the country as well as in Indonesia and Singapore was introduced to Salam Musik. The tunes of Salam Musik are not foreign to the ears of music listeners.

They have now launched their latest album titled O in January 2013. They were planning to run a tour to European countries as part of their music promotion with the local sponsor, Biskut Cap Ping Pong.

Other confirmed line-up for Asia Music Festival this year includes SoulMate (India), Ras Muhamad (Indonesia), Pancake80 (Philippines), Pisco (Taiwan), Retrospect (Thailand), Masia One (Singapore) and Mad August (Malaysia).

Presale tickets is currently on sale only at RM25 for adults and RM10 for children/student (aged 3-18) at www.asiamusicfestival.net . Tickets also available from all STB’s Visitors Information Centre located at Sarawak Tourism Complex, Kuching (+6 082-423600), Jalan Melayu, Miri (+6 085-434180) and Jalan Tukang Besi, Sibu (+6 084-340980). Door-sale ticket are priced at RM30 for adults and RM15 for children/students.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOOD or BAD?? no idea >.

I receive a call during my class and it is indeed a little suprise. I did not expect but not having high expectation too. BUT this news seems to come not really right on time. I had been qualify to semi final of Pidato. It will be held on 15 November 2008. I am indeed happy and upset at the same time. Happy because I know I am actually able to make it, upset is actually because I am way too busy to prepare something extra. I had too many assignments to handle and many meetings to attend and I was wondering do I have time to practice since it is just around the corner and it is only about 10 more days to go. I was thinking to call a STOP for it but my friends encourage me to go ahead because at least I tried and it is TRYING with FAILURE and not NOTHING and FAILURE!!! So, wait for my good news!!! Wish me lucks if I am going on and wish me MORE lucks if I can compete in FINAL !!!

MystiQueL Night

Do you still remember the mask that I bought and I did mention in few post back?? Never mind if you don't because that is just a simple mysterious opening and introduction. This will be the true event behind the mask.... We were getting pictures before entering the hall but its raining outside. Luckily we had drivers to pick us lovely ladies. M is representing the Mystiquel Night This is me with the mask. I had never wore a mask before, I mean with such event. This is me with cutie and lovely TinnY !! It's me, - pEi -! yoKe kuAn & - pEi - Group Photo of our class who attend that night!!! - pEi - & June Seng JonJon & - pEi - FenSon , Yoke Kuan , teck Meng & - pEi - Chow & - pEi - Thai & - pEi - Tze Kun , - pEi - & Meng hehehe ...one gaL with 2 men of the night....envy??? Dust & - pEi - Basically the event was so so boring until almost end of the show. where we started to dance walts and then followed by hot song. Its just alrig...

Camera

I just love photography although I know that I don't have a great skill. I am still learning and of course it is my hobby and also I had passion in it. Since I was back from Miri, more or less I had been addicted to DSLR which I saw most of them carrying. It is not about showing off but instead getting a better camera for better capturing and learning of photography. I had look into few brand like Canon, Nikon, Sony and also Panasonic. There is too much choices, too many varieties which makes me hard to make up my mind. Every each of it seems to be good for a newbie and noob like me but with the cash I had and limited budget I can only get something that is affordable in my price list. Besides that taking a prosumer camera or DSLR is still a deep thought for me. Many of my pros friend in DSLR or in photography had suggested me few brands which I find them useful too but instead I am more attracted to this current model Canon PowerShot SX200 IS . The function, usefulness and user fr...