Skip to main content

14 September 2008 - Mid Autmn Festival (MoonCake Festival)

We, chinese celebrating the Mid Autumn Festival on the chinese calendar of 15 August. Somehow, this year it drops on the 14 September of our calendar. A little bit upset of this year, firstly because this year everyone have to eat expensive moon cake and secondly, I was not HOME!!!!!!!!!!!

As we know and see, nowadays there are many types of moon cake then what our great grandfather have. So, we can now enjoy more varieties of moon cake then they do. How lucky we are don't you think. Below is some pictures of moon cake.





Lantern is of course something that couldn't miss out during the Mid Autumn Festival. This is the fun part when we see children taking their lantern around and have fun with it. But somehow nowadays lantern are more and more impressive. Using batteries instead of candles, made of plastic instead of paper that can get burn by fire. Some of it even with music but BUT i still prefer the tradition lantern that light up with candle like the one below. It makes me feel like really celebrating Mid Autumn and have a feeling of missing home if I was not at home!!

So, today this day I am here at KL celebrating it with my cousin and sister instead of family. Early in the morning me and sis had when to market and bought some fresh vegetables for night meal.

First of all, is a chicken. How can miss out a dish of meat for this special day. With the help of mummy, I mean consultation I decide to make a steamed chicken. This is my first time preparing!!




The outcome is actually not bad but it can be improve again and somehow the taste is not bad!! hehe..satisfied with it and gona do it better the next time!!! I chop the whole chicken myself and also my first time experience. Somehow I worried that I would chop off my finger but luckily still on my hand!! If not I wont be typing my blog now!!! HAHAHAHAHA You have a dish of meat how can you miss out a plate of vege. This is what we gona cook and have tonight!! Mixed vegetables!!!
Looks Like 5 Happiness!!!!

Last but not least of bowl of soup is definitely a NEED in a meal. Not the main course but an important one every time you have a meal.

WAN BAK SOUP



You read my title carefully didn't you?? So how can we miss out the main character of the day!!
I bought it last minute at the market and that is the only stall who sells it!! So cute got cartoon one some more!!!!
This is the only moon cake I eat for this year, so pity!!

Last of all, wish everyone Happy Mid Autumn Festival!!!
Don't forget to pay a visit to the moon later, and with a piece of moon cake and a cup of tea. It is definitely a type of leisure and who knows you may see "ChangEr" and rabbit on it!!!!

Comments

cync said…
Walao pei, ur chicken looks very fat o.. and i must salute you, wah.. can chop the whole chicken.. really geng!

Anyway... Happy Mid Autumn Festival to peipei! Cheers >.<
-pEi- said…
hehe..cync my first time also..

wish u happy mooncake festival too!!!
MR.pink-eclipse said…
the mooncakes that u bought are really cute...^^n they hv cool colour too...^^

Popular posts from this blog

Camera

I just love photography although I know that I don't have a great skill. I am still learning and of course it is my hobby and also I had passion in it. Since I was back from Miri, more or less I had been addicted to DSLR which I saw most of them carrying. It is not about showing off but instead getting a better camera for better capturing and learning of photography. I had look into few brand like Canon, Nikon, Sony and also Panasonic. There is too much choices, too many varieties which makes me hard to make up my mind. Every each of it seems to be good for a newbie and noob like me but with the cash I had and limited budget I can only get something that is affordable in my price list. Besides that taking a prosumer camera or DSLR is still a deep thought for me. Many of my pros friend in DSLR or in photography had suggested me few brands which I find them useful too but instead I am more attracted to this current model Canon PowerShot SX200 IS . The function, usefulness and user fr...

My LURVE Affair with Bearbricks

I am attracted to your beauty when I first saw you. I am really in love with you where no words can described my feeling that moment when I saw you. Somehow, jealousy conquer all over me to see you with my best buddy. I was wondering why I was not the one who found you first? I was wondering again would it be different if I am the one who saw you first? However, I can never betrayed my buddy to take over you to be with me. I can't do that as my buddy is my best friend and I can never do something that will actually betrays our friendship. I wanted to be the one who will be with you always. One bright sunny day, I was shocked and yet excited. I found you or to say looks like you. I can't believe there is two you. Now, I can have you without betraying my friend. Now, I can have you without feeling sorry because you were twins instead of just the only ONE! I had you in my life now BEARBRICKS !! I LURVE Ya!!!!

ABM 5

This is a video specially for my classmates ABM 5! I created myself and hopefully all of you will love it and like it! I will be missing you all very much and thanks for the sweet memories you all had gave me... See you all SOON!!~