Skip to main content

冬至

We know that glutinous rice ball can be eaten for certain ocassion for the chinese. It is either the "dong zhi" seasons or it was made for the wedding. Today, 21st December 2008 is once again 冬至. For me, who was not around at home have to made 汤圆 myself. It is not hard because I had made it every year since I came over KL to study. It is indeed a nice experience because you learn to be independent and make yourself a warm seasonal day instead of feeling so far away from home.


Apart from Chinese New Year, 冬至 is one the greatest event too. Family will gather around meaning members will be united and union if have been aparted. I am always proud of my own culture because behind every celebration of our festival there is sure some history out of it. This is also a sign of chinese new year that is just around the corner. After eating glutinous rice ball we are one year elder. This is what the elderly told the younger. It was great to have this culture to pass down from one generation to another.




I had mention I made Gltinous Rice Ball myself so I wish to show you all how I make it.
This had taken me days to upload and now early AM I uploading picture which is better than I do on ordinary time. Here we GO!!

1. Ready the Tepung Pulut
2. Roll the flour into dough by adding water slowly. If you want your rice ball to be soft add cool water. If you want them to be bit hard add warm water.

3. Then roll into round shape
4. Cook it after finish rolling
5. When the rica bell float means it is cooked
5. Put it into a bowl of cool water to avoid them to be sticky
6. Next, you have to cook the sweeten soup ( sugar and pandan leaves is a must)
7. Put it into the sweeten soup when it is done and now it is ready to be served!!!

My classmates leaving not far away did make some from me too. And this is new flavor that I had never tried before.
CHOCOLATE



to be eaten with rice ball!!!

A special day indeed this year. Trying new things and having people to satisfy with it!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera

I just love photography although I know that I don't have a great skill. I am still learning and of course it is my hobby and also I had passion in it. Since I was back from Miri, more or less I had been addicted to DSLR which I saw most of them carrying. It is not about showing off but instead getting a better camera for better capturing and learning of photography. I had look into few brand like Canon, Nikon, Sony and also Panasonic. There is too much choices, too many varieties which makes me hard to make up my mind. Every each of it seems to be good for a newbie and noob like me but with the cash I had and limited budget I can only get something that is affordable in my price list. Besides that taking a prosumer camera or DSLR is still a deep thought for me. Many of my pros friend in DSLR or in photography had suggested me few brands which I find them useful too but instead I am more attracted to this current model Canon PowerShot SX200 IS . The function, usefulness and user fr...

My LURVE Affair with Bearbricks

I am attracted to your beauty when I first saw you. I am really in love with you where no words can described my feeling that moment when I saw you. Somehow, jealousy conquer all over me to see you with my best buddy. I was wondering why I was not the one who found you first? I was wondering again would it be different if I am the one who saw you first? However, I can never betrayed my buddy to take over you to be with me. I can't do that as my buddy is my best friend and I can never do something that will actually betrays our friendship. I wanted to be the one who will be with you always. One bright sunny day, I was shocked and yet excited. I found you or to say looks like you. I can't believe there is two you. Now, I can have you without betraying my friend. Now, I can have you without feeling sorry because you were twins instead of just the only ONE! I had you in my life now BEARBRICKS !! I LURVE Ya!!!!

Rainforest World Music Festival 's Virgin Sharing

RAINFOREST WORLD MUSIC FESTIVAL (RWMF) It's name no longer unknown to most of us. When you ask any locals, most expats or tourists, most probably they will always give you an answer, "Öh yes, I know that festival!" It is none other than Rainforest World Music Festival (RWMF) .  Running for 2 decades, how many truly know what have always keep this festival alive? How many would know what's the intention of the founder and people who get this started? Probably this shall answer your questions. "The vision for the festival was that it would be a showcase for international world music as well as for local music." - stated in their 20th Anniversary booklet. An aim that makes a great impact to Sarawak, Borneo and nevertheless, the world.  THE PERFORMERS This year line up performers are terrific. Exceptionally good and absolutely no chance to experience their flaws and no rooms for complaint. I do not have a chance to even gru...